Tuesday, January 30, 2007

New camera!

My brother bought himself a new really fancy digital camera, so he decided to sell us his 'old' one for a great deal! It's really not old at all. Less than a year, maybe even less than 6 months. I'm excited about it:) Our old one has served us well enough but there have always been things about it that annoy me. It's digital zoom stinks so I never use it. You need lots of natural light to get away with no flash, but with flash it's often unnaturally bright and shiny. There's a long wait in between each picture, as well as a tiny delay from when you click the button to when it takes, so I miss a lot of adorable looks because of those things. The old one also has very few options as far as lighting and all that. My brother told me that there was one requirement if we were to buy his camera - I had to read the manual and learn how to use the features!:) Mike, I started learning! I'll take my time so that I might actually remember things!

Here's a picture I took this morning. Already looks better than the old camera as the flash would have been necessary and it wouldn't look right. But still the color looked a little washed out, so I poked around and changed it to some Cloudy Day setting (cause we were next to the window and it was cloudy at the time).
Doesn't this look so much better? What a difference! In the first picture, our walls look blue. In the next few, you can see their actual color (a pretty purple/gray), not to mention my little buddy's gorgeous hair and eyes:)Here you can see Eliana making a big mess instead of eating. That's a fork in her chocolate milk, not a spoon. There's milk all over the table cause the orange play otoscope (or whatever it's called) had been in the milk a few minutes before. And in case anyone wonders, I did take that overflowing garbage out after lunch;)

2 comments:

Lilyofthevalley - Tanya said...

That's womderful about getting a "new" camera! It looks like it takes good pictures too. :) I'm behind on your blog reading, but I just wanted to say those abc pancakes look wonderful. I must try those, my children would think they were the neatest things. :)

rcsnickers said...

oh man, I lost my comment. I thougth you were in the new blogger set up.

okay, YAY!! I am glad you got his camera! I can tell a big difference in the colors. I know you will have fun and learn new stuff with the camera. What a cool bro!

Letisha