Recently Eliana has hugely expanded her knowledge of letters and numbers. For Christmas, she received a
Word Whammer and now she can sing the alphabet song straight through correctly! It has helped with letters sounds as well, but through that toy and Aunt Leigh, we learned about the LeapFrog
Letter Factory dvd:) Thanks to the library, we've discovered a great movie all about ABCs! Suddenly Eliana recognizes almost all letters and knows a huge number of their sounds!
I'm terribly inconsistent with making a special time each for lessons. My main goal is to have a Bible lesson, which we've done well with lately. We're reading Leading Little Ones to God and both really enjoying it:) Garrett's a little too young to understand it, but he listens too.
Here they are coloring this morning. Eliana and I colored princess pictures for each other:)

She did a couple mazes from her new
Kumon Book of Easy Mazes. She loves those mazes! Then we used the
Kumon Let's Cut Paper! book, which is equally fun for her:) We also have the
Kumon Let's Fold! book and alternate between the two. So far, we are loving Kumon!

Garrett did stickers:) We have a Kumon First Book of Tracing book which he can almost do. We'll start that in a few months I think.

Thank you to Grandma, Grandpa, Grammy, and Gramps for all the great Christmas presents!!!
1 comment:
Leap Frog Letter factory video is so nice! I am amazed at how fast they learn!
Post a Comment